Zee Leisure falls practically 3% in enterprise as board refuses to carry EGM


  • zee leisure refused to maintain EGM Regardless of the Firm Legislation Court docket asking its Board to think about the demand.
  • The board of Zee Leisure unanimously rejected the request on the bottom that it suffers from ‘a number of’ authorized loopholes.
  • Following the event, Zee Leisure’s share value fell practically 3% to ₹294.30 per share in buying and selling until 3:30 PM on Friday.

Zee Leisure Enterprises Ltd, which is locked in a tussle with its largest shareholder, held an Extraordinary Basic Assembly (EGM) on Friday regardless of the Firm Legislation Court docket asking its board to think about the demand, in accordance with a inventory trade submitting. has refused to do. ,

“Accordingly, in the perfect curiosity of the Firm as a complete together with all of the shareholders and stakeholders of the Firm, we categorical our lack of ability to convene the EGM on the traces required by you,” the corporate mentioned in response to the demand. invesco In its letters dated 11 September and 23 September.

US-based Invesco Creating Markets Fund and OFI World China Fund maintain 17.88% stake in Zee Leisure.

The event comes a day after the Mumbai bench of the Nationwide Firm Legislation Tribunal (NCLT) directed Zee’s board to think about the requirement of Invesco to carry the EGM earlier than October 3. subsequent NCLT The matter is to be heard on Monday.

In a gathering on Friday which didn’t attend Puneet GoenkaIts board, the managing director and chief govt officer of Zee Leisure, unanimously invalidated the demand on the bottom that it suffers from ‘a number of’ authorized loopholes, the corporate mentioned.

Following the event, Zee Leisure’s share value fell practically 3% to ₹294.30 per share in buying and selling until 3:30 PM on Friday.

BI India

Merely put, the board of Zee Leisure is locked in a battle with its traders – Invesco and OFI – after they requested the elimination of Goenka from the place of administrators within the firm together with Ashok Kurian and Manish Chokhani, wherein points have been raised. was cited. company governance.

Afterward 23 September, Kurien and Chokhani resigned citing private causes.

The fund had additionally requested for the appointment of six new unbiased administrators on the corporate’s board.

In the meantime, Zee went forward and introduced the corporate’s merger with Sony Footage Networks India on 22 September. Primarily based on disclosures filed with the exchanges, Sony will maintain a majority stake of 52.93% within the merged entity and can infuse roughly $1.6 billion in progress capital following the deal. It’s closed at. Publish the deal, Zee shareholders will maintain the remaining 47.07% stake within the merged entity.

See all:
Ritesh Agarwal-led Oyo recordsdata preliminary paperwork for $1.2 billion IPO
Paras Protection and Area Applied sciences manufactures area cameras and has made the perfect itemizing after IPO this yr
From paying elevated premium to receiving seven calls at midnight, customers take to social media to lift their voice towards RBI’s new auto-debit guidelines



Supply hyperlink

Online Rich Tech

Online Rich Tech