Zee Leisure shares fell 3% in at this time’s commerce as Invesco urges board to carry EGM forward of Sony deal


  • zee leisure Its share value fell 3% in at this time’s buying and selling on a letter from invesco To demand an Extraordinary Basic Assembly (EGM) earlier than finalizing the merger with the India unit of Sony.
  • Earlier this month, Invesco and Oppenheimer Funds additionally referred to as for the removing of Puneet GoenkaChief Govt and Managing Director of Zee Leisure from the Board of the Firm.
  • Bloomberg reported that Invesco and OFI International China Fund LLC, which collectively maintain about 17.9% stake within the community, mentioned the deal had taken place “irregularly.”

Zee Leisure Enterprises Ltd noticed its shares fall 3% to ₹309 on Monday morning as its largest shareholder, US-based Invesco Fund, reportedly insisted that the board maintain its merger with Sony India. Holds its Extraordinary Basic Assembly (EGM) earlier than finalizing the Unit.

Invesco and Oppenheimer Funds renewed their demand in a September 23 letter to convene an EGM to interchange the board at Zee, the event reported by Bloomberg on Monday mentioned. An identical demand was made by Invesco on September 11.

In accordance with a September 23 letter from Invesco Vice President Arun Balani cited by Bloomberg, “a newly shaped board backed with the power of independence can be finest suited to guage and monitor the potential of strategic transactions.”

Earlier this month, the fund had additionally requested for the removing of Zee Leisure chief govt and managing director Puneet Goenka from the corporate’s board, citing company governance points within the firm. The letter additionally sought the removing of unbiased administrators Ashok Kurian and Manish Chokhani, who later resigned from the board.

Regardless of Invesco’s letter, Zee went forward and introduced the corporate’s merger with Sony Photos Networks India on 22 September. Based mostly on disclosures filed with the exchanges, Sony will maintain a majority stake of 52.93% within the merged entity and can infuse roughly $1.6 billion in development capital at one go. The deal closes. Put up the deal, Zee shareholders will maintain the remaining 47.07% stake within the merged entity.

Because the announcement of the deal on September 22, the inventory has fallen 8% to ₹309 on Monday.

As a part of the transaction, Goenka will proceed to be the managing director and chief govt of the corporate, it mentioned.

Bloomberg reported that Invesco and OFI International China Fund LLC, which collectively maintain about 17.9% stake within the community, mentioned the deal had taken place “irregularly.”

See all:
OffBusiness was the one female-led startup to enter the unicorn membership this 12 months
Tesla’s ‘Full Self Driving’ beta program request button goes stay

Individuals who have held these shares for a decade have solely cash sunk



Supply hyperlink

Online Rich Tech

Online Rich Tech